News Herald – September 21, 1923 – F.E. Bleezarde, Publisher
- The building known as St. Patrick’s Hall has been purchased by Frank J. Leedings and Edward Mudge, who have moved it in the lot north of E.W. Ostrander’s residence and will convert it into a public garage and repair shops.
- The tenant houses on the Sutton and Suderley Brick Company’s property have been greatly improved by a coat of paint.
- Percy Wolfe, captain of the tugboat Bronx No. 3, passed the weekend with his wife at his home here. Mr. Wolfe returned from a trip he made with a tow of three barges from Buffalo to Providence, R.I., a distance of 686 miles.
- L.A. Mitsch has broken ground on his property in South Main Street for the foundation for a building 38×40. A frame structure building one-and-a-half stories in height will be erected, wherein an up-to-date meat market will be conducted.
- The airplane that has been taking passengers up for a sightseeing ride from the Gallup farm north of this village was well patronized again last Saturday and Sunday. The flights last 10 minutes and passengers are waiting for a ride each time it lands.
- The school tax is $3.40, 30 cents higher than last year.
- Mrs. Carl Kelch of Dempster Street has been seriously ill with poisoning from wild carrots.
- The W.C.T.U. voted to give $10 toward the fund started by the Ravena Grange towards buying furniture for the public library room in the high school building. The Grange started the fund with $25.
- Tony Peretta has purchased the shoe-making interests of the shop in the Pebler block and has vacated his rooms in the Millerick building. He will continue the business in the new location in the Pebler block.
- The Dockstader property on Main Street is being very much improved by the filling in and grading of the lawn. The various improvements being made to the property will make a big change in the appearance of this place.
Coeymans Herald – September 19, 1888 – S.H. & E.J. Sherman, Proprietors
- The Catholic church is to be re-shingled.
- The season for trout fishing is closed. The penalty for taking trout now is $25 per trout.
- Colvin Wolfe left on Thursday for Poughkeepsie where he will attend the River View Military Academy.
- Harry Baker has been promoted to the position of storekeeper by the West Shore. He has been in the employ of the company almost from the opening of the road and has earned confidence and respect of the officials by faithful service.
- A large force of men is at work excavating for the Colvin memorial vault. The cutting is nearly all rock and progress is therefore slow. The front of the vault, we understand, will be of granite.